Having worked as a teacher for the past ten years, I know exactly how people's motivation can start to flag after a while, be it for pupils or for teachers. E-learning is not the miracle solution but I hope that this site will provide some help for teachers trying to motivate their pupils, and for pupils looking at a way to revise for tests or exams, or for anybody wanting to have some fun playing German games.
In this site, you will find a list of topics for each year, and for each topic at least a couple of exercises for each skill, reading, writing and listening.
A lot of these exercises can be used in conjunction with an interactive whiteboard. Click on the whiteboard icon next to selected exercises to load the full screen version which is more suitable for whiteboard.
At any stage in this site you will be able to go back to this home page or to the topic page of each year by using the navigation bar on top of the screen.
Although best done online, a lot of the exercises can be printed out and used in the classroom.
In this site, we have roughly followed the scheme of work of Logo. If your school follows a different scheme of work, it might be worth your looking under the other years for the topics you might be looking for.
I hope you will find this site useful and enjoyable.
Please let me know how I can improve it in any way.
Catherine Murphy, 2013Acknowledgments
Thanks to the following:
- http://web.uvic.ca/hrd/halfbaked/ (also known as Hot Potatoes) for their wonderful, easy-to-use exercises templates.
- http://www.quia.com for the exercises that Hot Potatoes did not provide.
- http://www.spellmaster.com for the other exercises.
- Susannah Fishburne for the beautiful illustrations ( www.sf-illustration.com)
- Phil for all the technical help and moral support.